Jobs at BeWILDerwood
An exciting opportunity has arisen for brilliant, smiley humans to join The Twiggle Team as we prepare for our most splendiferous time of year. The Glorious Glowing Lantern Parade is a nightly spectacle of light, magic and wonder, and is one of our most popular events within our bumper packed yearly calendar. We are in need of talented, happy and friendly individuals who would like to join our team to deliver this exciting event, and many more to our lovely customers.
If you’d like to apply for the best ever job, please download and complete our application form.
You may be asked to work in one or all of the following areas:
- Storytelling & Events (show off your dramatic & creative skills!) Our storytelling is more of a performance, so you'll be required to learn a script, use a microphone and enchant the crowds (often quite big crowds in summer time!) with tales of the characters that live in the world of BeWILDerwood. Acting skills are a big plus!
- Ticket Office/Front of house (welcoming everyone in with a big smile) You will be the first people our customers meet. You'll be required to have a happy, smiley personality and be welcoming to all our visitors at the start of their BeWILDerwood adventure and a cheery goodbye when they wander wearily home. This will include working on tills, greeting customers and provising assistance to members of the public.
- Catering (food glorious food!) It'll be your job here to keep our visitors fed and watered and full of beans for a full day of playing and exploring. You'll be delivering a super menu for up to 3000 visitors per day, working to a strict hygiene code, providing excellent customer service and making top quality grub.
- Boats (transport visitors into our world, introducing them to the story of BeWILDerwood) Give our visitors their first taste of the wonderful and magical characters that live within our woods. Drive the boats between the Long Lagoon and the Scaaaaary Lake - boat ecperience is great but not essential!
- Retail (come and help sell goodies in the Bizarre Bazaar) Make sure our customers are looked after in the Bizarre Bazaar. In this role you will work with the Retail Manager to price and put out stock, clean bits and bobs and sell our WILD and wonderful products.
- Park Rangers (making sure everyone's happy and playing safe) Maximise the experience of each and every visitor by helping them stay safe and have fun while playing on BeWILDerwood's various play structures. This will include working as a team of Park Rangers to complete morning, daily and evening safety tasks. Manning structures such as slides and zip wires to ensure visitors are adhering to our safety guidelines and helping to maintain a cleanly site.
BeWILDerwood’s values are at the centre of our world:
- We’re all about families playing together in a happy safe place.
- Open your mind to fun, imagination and creativity - it’s good to do things just because they feel right. Smile first and ask questions later.
- Think about the characters we don't often see, but who live and invite us to play in their woods. Our BeWILDerwood! And finally, look after their environment all the time.
A role for every member of the Twiggle Team:
- You are part of the team that will keep the world of BeWILDerwood getting better and better. So play nicely.
- If something needs saying or doing, then say it or make it happen yourself; no-one else may have noticed.
- Read Tom's books (with your kids if you have them) and get a feeling for the stories they tell and the characters who live in our wonderful wood.
To be a perfect member of The Twiggle Team, you must:
- Understand the story and characters of BeWILDerwood
- Have a happy and smiley appearance
- Have had some experience in working (or playing) as part of a team
- Be able to communicate with a variety of people, from different backgrounds on the phone, and in person
- Be punctual and reliable and able to get to work at a variety of times and days of the week
- Be proud to be who you are and be able to utilise your strengths in our world
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be confident in talking to Mildred, she’s not scary really.
- Be willing to learn and maybe teach us a few things.
Be good, work hard, be part of our team, take responsibility, make sure our visitors both large and small have fun; have fun yourself, go home, eat fudge, relax.
Experience would be good, but not necessary, as long as you are willing to learn! Be good, work hard, be part of our team, take responsibility, make sure our visitors both large and small have fun, and we will reward you with development, training and many opportunities to further your skills!
If you believe that you are the perfect person to join the Twiggle Team, download our application form, fill it in and post it back to us at:BeWILDerwood, Best Job Ever!, Horning Road, Hoveton, Norwich, Norfolk, NR12 8JW.
Or you can email a scanned copy to us at BestJobEver@BeWILDerwood.co.uk
For further information or job descriptions and person specifications, please email BestJobEver@BeWILDerwood.co.uk or call Hannah on 01692 633033. You'll need to select option 3.
What will happen next?
Once we receive your application we will send you an acknowledgement email (so make sure you include your email address!) If you are selected for interview we will contact you again.
Due to the number of applications we receive we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants.