Jobs at BeWILDerwood
Recruiting now for the 2016 season!
We're always looking for brilliantly talented smiley people to join our Twiggle Team in running one of the most fabulous places in the world.
If you’d like to apply for the best ever job during the 2016 season, please download and complete our application form.
The role of the Twiggle Team is to work within the BeWILDerwood values to provide a friendly and welcoming face to our visitors throughout their BeWILDerwood adventure, help them if they need help, advise them if they need advice, laugh with them, clean up after them and wish them a cheery goodbye when they wander wearily home.
You will work with your Area Coordinators to make sure everything is clean, tidy and ready for the day. You will work hard, get along with the team, have fun and go home knowing you’ve been part of something great.
BeWILDerwood’s values are at the centre of our world:
- We’re all about families playing together in a happy safe place.
- Open your mind to fun, imagination and creativity - it’s good to do things just because they feel right. Smile first and ask questions later.
- Think about the characters we don't often see, but who live and invite us to play in their woods. Our BeWILDerwood! And finally, look after their environment all the time.
A role for every member of the Twiggle Team:
- You are part of the team that will keep the world of BeWILDerwood getting better and better. So play nicely.
- If something needs saying or doing, then say it or make it happen yourself; no-one else may have noticed.
- Read Tom's books (with your kids if you have them) and get a feeling for the stories they tell and the characters who live in our wonderful wood.
To be a perfect member of The Twiggle Team, you must:
- Understand the story and characters of BeWILDerwood
- Have a happy and smiley appearance
- Have had some experience in working (or playing) as part of a team
- Be able to communicate with a variety of people, from different backgrounds on the phone, and in person
- Be punctual and reliable and able to get to work at a variety of times and days of the week
- Be proud to be who you are and be able to utilise your strengths in our world
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be confident in talking to Mildred, she’s not scary really.
- Be willing to learn and maybe teach us a few things.
Be good, work hard, be part of our team, take responsibility, make sure our visitors both large and small have fun; have fun yourself, go home, eat fudge, relax.
You may be asked to work in one or all of the following areas:
- Storytelling & Events (show off your dramatic & creative skills!) Our storytelling is more of a performance, so you'll be required to learn a script, use a microphone and enchant the crowds (often quite big crowds in summer time!) with tales of the characters that live in the world of BeWILDerwood. Acting skills are a big plus!
- Cleaners (helping to keep the park spick and span, the most important job of all!)
- Ticket Office/Front of house (welcoming everyone in with a big smile)
- Catering (food glorious food!)
- Boats (transport visitors into our world, introducing them to the story of BeWILDerwood)
- Retail (come and help sell goodies in the Bizarre Bazaar)
- Park Rangers (making sure everyone's happy and playing safe)
Experience would be good, but not always necessary, as long as you are willing to learn! Applications may require a DBS check on appointment.
What would the hours be?
Hours are variable and seasonal - School holidays is when we are busiest! Shifts range from 3 to 8 hours and we try to allocate these fairly and evenly.
If you believe that you are the perfect person to join the Twiggle Team, download our application form, fill it in and post it back to us at:BeWILDerwood, Best Job Ever!, Horning Road, Hoveton, Norwich, Norfolk, NR12 8JW.
Or you can email a scanned copy to us at BestJobEver@BeWILDerwood.co.uk
For more information please email BestJobEver@BeWILDerwood.co.uk or call the Twiggle Team on 01692 633033. You'll need to select option 3.
What will happen next?
Once we receive your application we will send you an acknowledgement email (so make sure you include your email address!) If you are selected for interview we will contact you again.
Due to the number of applications we receive we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants.