We designed BeWILDerwood to have a light environmental impact and to carry a sustainable approach throughout every aspect of the business. We want to make sure that we do our bit for the environment and local economy, so here’s a list of our achievements to date:
- Food sold on site is sourced locally, wherever possible (Jo for stats)
- Our BeWILDerboats are handmade by local craftsmen, and powered by electric
- We have helped to upgrade local footpaths, bridleways and cycle paths to allow sustainable access and are home to Broadland Cycle Hire to allow people to explore further beyond our gates
- We have planted more than 14,000 trees helping to enhance our woodland environment, which has gone a long way to reducing our, already light, carbon footprint
- We recycle 100% of our waste (0% to landfill) by sending it all off to a lovely waste recycling company that sorts everything by hand, wowee!
- We have almost zero litter, even on the busiest days – we find visitors respect the woodland environment they are playing in
- We have really strong Tree and Environmental Management Plans for a previously unmanaged landscape.
- We have put over 50 bird and bat boxes up to encourage wildlife into the park to mingle with the Twiggle’s and Boggle’s.